boho blues

with the summer heat in full force, I have been living in flowy fabrics and embracing my bohemian side with lightweight layering.  as of late, and really I think every year about this time, I am going nuts stocking up on free spirit fashions.  with temperatures reaching the 100's i am in no mood for clingy structured styles and even my jackets are being traded in for kimonos or coat-slinging (if my shoulders can bare it).  todays look is the epitome of comfy/casual, its making my jammies feel constrictive.  of course, like most woman i know, peasant tops are a must (especially in the south)  they're flowy, breezy, throw and go, and always chic.  you can style them up with skinnies or beachy with cutoffs.  I was especially excited for the cobalt embroidery on this top, it takes me to Santorini (even though i've never actually been there) and the tassels are the perfect touch to make this top a must in my summer wardrobe!!  if u follow my instagram, you know I've already worn this with pops of red and espadrille flats for a rainy day with my boys, but I wanted to switch it up and go the neon route for a fun twist.  i paired it with these adorable lace trim shorts that are a perfect match to the embroidery in the blouse (literally, they look like they were meant for each other!!  i love when that happens).   i kept my footwear neutral with these gold embellished gladiators and topped off the look with a burst or two of neon!  i am ready for the beach, the mall, the park, or maybe i'll just cuddle up and take a nap, so i can dream of Greece!!
"the spirit of the individual is determined by his dominating thought habits"
 
ALL IMAGES MARIE RODRIGUEZ
 
peasant blouse Solitaire via Marshalls // royal lace shorts Blue Poppy //
"atara" sandals Dolce Vita via styleXchange // clutch Old Navy (super old) similar here //
"agrayssa" aviators Aldo // "xoxo" Moon and Lola // "l" and "p" Dogeared //
 

No comments :

Post a Comment