lets take a vaca

today we're talking vegas, baby!! 
what to wear, where to go, did i say what to wear??
 I mean, I don't know about you, but when I take a trip, I need a full itinerary that way I can plan the most important part, OUTFITS!
so when given the challenge of styling a day in Las Vegas, I factored in my 3 main objectives;
relax by the pool, hit up the shoppes, and dance the night away!!
 
my idea of total relaxation is poolside, cool beverage (non-alcoholic), a good magazine and peace and quiet (ie. No Kiddos!!).  for this reason, I chose the Moorea Beach Club at Mandalay Bay.  It offers private cabanas, poolside bar, and the perfect island ambiance for me to sip, relax and enjoy!
swimwear is definitely a matter of body type and style preferences.  for me personally, I like color and fun prints.  I opted for this pineapple palm print one piece as it seemed fitting for the atmosphere.  I paired it with knee high gold gladiators and a lace kimono for a bohemian tropical vibe.  when on vacation, i style my swimwear the same way I would any other outfit (fully accessorized) no need for full face and platforms, but you don't want to look like a beach bum either.   don't forget your SPF!!  I get my tan from a bottle, but on the rare occasion my skin sees sunlight, I lather on a minimum of 50 coverage.  time for a quick lunch before I shower and dress for an afternoon of shopping!!
 
while the hubs is undoubtedly teeing off at the Bali Hai Golf Club, this little lady will be hitting the pavement for a full afternoon of retail therapy.  the shopping in Las Vegas is to die!!  from the high-end retailers at Crystals to the boutique brands of Fashion Show to the Grande Canal Shoppes at the Venetian this place is every shopaholics dream. 
a little word to the wise, save your feet and wear flats!!  I made the mistake of only packing heels my first time to Vegas and no joke, I broke the bone in the middle of my foot from too much walking.  Lesson Learned!!  for shopping I like to be comfy fab.  bf jeans and birks are comfortable and easy to change in and out of.  I added a little sparkle with this embellished crop top and because I have to layer, I topped it off with a trench.  I always carry a cross-body when shopping.  you need to leave your hands free and ready to carry all the new bags you're hopefully taking home with you!!
big sunnies and my fave blush for a pretty feminine glow!!
 
 
after a quick nap, or maybe if im super lucky, a trip to the spa for a massage (I cant remember the last time I had time for one of those) im totally refreshed, rejuvenated and ready to dance the night away!
I don't know how 1 truly chooses where to end the night, I suppose that's what the concierge is for, but basing it off of my own research and preferences I would feel most at home at Ghostbar.  a little less clubby, a little more lounge, I won't have to fight through sweaty crowds of 20 somethings and the glass floor is sure to be a "must see"
for a night out, black is so boring, so I chose this neon yellow number that's just the right amount of sexy and paired it with a pop of pink clutch and a lip to match.  Lucite earrings and a neutral heel, lets get this party started!!
 


 
however you choose to do it up, Las Vegas is an adult playground and a perfect weekend getaway!
be sure to check out Vegas.com and plan your next adventure!!
"a vacation is what you take when you can no longer take what you've been taking"
 

No comments :

Post a Comment