denim days of summer

I cannot believe it is already Friday again!!  not that i'm complaining, it just seems the weeks are flying by!  and why wouldn't they, its summer!  doesn't it always seem the winter weeks take a decade to go by, but when there's tons of fun to be had in the sun, its over before you realize it started?  ah, c'est la vie. 
I certainly have been enjoying as much outdoor fun as possible with my 2 babes and this particular outing was an especially fun day!  we went to the duck pond, which seemed a great idea at the time, and it was with the exception of no barrier wall to the pond, causing much stress for this momma!!  my youngest has no fear of anything, and ran full force toward every duck like a drunken sailor.  thankfully no one went for a swim, just a few scrapes and a tumble or two and as you can tell from the photos, 2 seriously silly munchkins quacking their way around the pond.
denim was the theme of the day and I tied it in to both the boys outfits.  Phoenix's look is an easy staple khaki and V-neck tee and the ever present denim jacket.  of course he had to have his aviators just like mommy.  Lincoln's look is an easy go to as well.  I love to put the boys in button ups and this chambray is an easy go to.  Linc is not generally a fan of layers, since he prefers to be nude, so buttons are a must if I want him to keep his shirt on.  i love these embroidered chinos (they were Nix's, passed down) and have them in 4 color options.  they're an easy fit for active toddlers and especially fun with the skulls!  Converse are always my shoe of choice for both the boys.  they always work and last through rough and tough play.
 i usually opt for chucks myself when im out with the boys, but occasionally i'll toss on some heels.  mind you, duck poo was not originally part of my plan, but i learned to adapt and watch my step.  these jeans are my absolute favorite, i have them in 2 washes and could literally sleep in them because they are just that comfortable!!  the bf craze is in full force and even though its not perhaps the most flattering fit, there's definitely something sexy about a baggy pair with some strappy sandals and a chic top.  if you follow my insta, you know this red smiley is my new everyday bag and it is perfect for carrying all my mommy gear with extra room to spare.  i put away my everyday arm candy for a wooden stack and layered on this diamond necklace (cz's don't get excited) and my love letter necklace that was a gift from Nix.  so cute, when you open the envelope there is a removable letter the says "i love you" !  break my heart already! 
"there was a boy, he stole my heart, he calls me mom"

ALL IMAGES MARIE RODRIGUEZ
 
top styleXchange // boy crop jean American Eagle // "elizabeth" sandal ShoeMint // bag Aldo // aviators RayBan // "love letters" envelope JewelMint // diamond Belk // "l" and "p" Dogeared // bangles (old) similar here
 
Nix
tee Gap Kids // denim jacket Gap Kids // shorts Target // sneaks Converse // aviators Children's Place
 
Linc
chambray Target // skull shorts Children's Place // sneaks Converse
 

No comments :

Post a Comment