cargo camo cutoffs

thank goodness it FRIDAY!!!
another week has passed all too fast and its already time for another fashion family segment!!
today takes us back to the Hyde Park Polo Club who were all too generous to allow us such a beautiful backdrop to a day of uninterrupted fun with my 2 boys.  with acres of land, and not a sole in sight, we had full freedom to run and play, it was bliss!
of course, like most children, the dirt is the most intriguing toy of all, so they spent a majority of the afternoon plundering for buried treasure.
I've been on a bit of a olive/utility kick as of late, especially when it comes to coordinating with the boys.  I have a healthy collection of jacket, shirts and vest all falling in the army fatigue category, but this vest is one of my absolute faves!!  for 1, its rare to find such a long length in a vest, and this was my main attraction, but also, I love the big pockets and epaulettes.  all the little details make this a definite winner.  I love pops of pretty with tough so i paired it with this dainty lace tank for a bit of a juxtaposition.  the shorts are the cutoff version of my bf jeans and I have them in 2 washes (denim and white) because they are just that comfortable!!!  the slouchiness of them, omg, I cant explain it, you'll never want to take them off.  I gave them a haphazard roll, but I wear them down as well.  I popped in some red with my celine-inspired bag and layered on burnished gold accessories to top off the look.  now, all of that is fine and dandy, but my main focus of this outfit is the shoes!!!  the valentino rockstuds are by no means new to the fashion game and i've been rocking my boutique 9 version for years, but this pair is a dead ringer!!  in fact, they're soo good, I got another pair in neon yellow, and you will die when you see them!!!  both are available at GoJane and Lulus and for under $40 a pop, I can't imagine they will last long!!
On to the boys, Nix loves his camo (because daddy wears it) and this tee is too cute.  I paired it with denim cutoffs and rolled the bottoms.  sidenote; I always roll the bottoms, boys clothes can be a bit boring, so anywhere I can add an extra touch I do, I roll their pants and sleeves on most all occasions.  he loves his sunnies and these olive green wayfarers match perfectly. Linc is a bit more polished in his classic polo and chinos.  he had a denim jacket, but it was far too warm to put it on.  finished them both off with chucks.

"while we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about"
 
ALL IMAGES MARIE RODRIGUEZ
 
lace top styleXchange // utility vest Willow & Clay via TJMaxx // bf short American Eagle // rockstud wannabe GoJane // sunnies MinkPink via House of Sage // smiley bag Aldo //
"freya" necklace Jewelmint // whistle II Brunettes // watch Michael Kors //
bangles Alex and Ani - Bourbon & Boweties - Blue J Beads // leather wrap (old) similar here // buckle bangle set BlyDesign
 
Phoenix:  camo top GAP // denim short GAP // sneaks Converse // sunnies Target
 
Lincoln:  polo Old Navy // khaki shorts Children's Place // sneaks Converse
 

No comments :

Post a Comment