Frugal Fashion Finds

shopping for a deal is half the fun of shopping!!  literally, I've gotten to the point now where I won't buy unless I have a coupon or a discount code of some sort.  i just love when someone compliments an article of clothing, and I can say, "right?  and I got it for half the price!!"  ahhh, it makes me so happy.  so of course, like most women I know, I scour the racks of Marshalls and TJ Maxx on the regular to score some killer deals (no coupon required).  I must say, I am a master maxxinista, having honed the craft of fab finding back in highshool, I am an veteran pro at this point.  so when given the opportunity to discuss budget friendly fall fashion, I knew just where to go, and lucky enough for me, they are side by side, so I got 4 head to toe looks in a 1 stop shop. 
i wanted to focus on 3 specific looks to hit every aspect of a woman's life.  starting with the first "Working Woman"  she's chic, sophisticated, and her look can take her from morning meetings to evening cocktails.  i chose this snake print silk blouse and paired it with sleek skinnies with a touch of edge in the zipper details.  her heels are on trend at a sensible height and the oversize bag can fit everything a busy day would need.  her makeup is minimal and professional with a pop of lip and slinging on this faux leather jacket completes the look.
 Caitlin's look is perfect for "Girl's Night Out".  she's sexy, and fun, and ready to dance the night away.  the sporty trend is huge for fall, so i wanted to give it a sexy vibe by pairing this pretty floral print baseball jacket with a mesh sweater tank and ruched knit mini skirt.  for added edge i paired the look with these zipper "peek-a-booties" (peep toe bootie) and the funky clutch adds a soft pop of pink.  her makeup is glam with smoky eyes, bold lip and bronzed skin.
 Chloe is my "Girl About Town".  this is the woman on the go; errands to run, schedules to juggle, comfort is key.  basically, this is the housewife/mommy uniform.  with a list as long as your arm, there's no time for fuss.  i chose these classic skinnies to start, they're full of stretch and a staple in any wardrobe.  i paired them with a henley tee and chunky knit sweater.  for a punch of fun, i paired the look with these silver slip ons and slung this years coolest trend "the backpack" over 1 arm.  i am loving these bags!!  they're full of room and keep you hands free!  her face is fresh and clean with a the bare necessities, mascara and lip gloss.
 for my look, i wasn't gearing toward any specific occasion, just an everyday look for the every girl.  i love utility/military inspired everything, and this look is a bit of a softer approach to the usually constructed trend.  the chambray is a staple in my fall wardrobe, and i love the grey tone of this one, i paired it with these boyfriend chinos and pink utility jacket.  i love the muted color palate, but it still needed a punch, so i paired it with these leopard pumps and a statement necklace.  my makeup is pretty fab and fall appropriate with long lashes and a bold oxblood lip. 
 "don't make fashion own you, but you decide what you are, and what you want to express"

 
special thanks to Pink Dot Beauty Bar for providing your glamming services!
 
be sure to check out my segment on lowcountry live to hear more about my picks for fall!!

 Head to Toe Looks were purchased at TJMaxx and Marshalls
 
Nola (Working Woman): snake print blouse Ivanka Trump // 2 tone leather jacket YOKI //
cadet blue zipper skinny Rag & Bone // 2 tone pump BCBGeneration
 
Caitlin (Girls Night Out): sweater tank TORN by Ronny Kobo // floral baseball jacket Free People // ruched mini Helmut Lang // "beckum" peek-a-bootie Report Footwear // circle clutch
 
Chloe (Girl About Town):  Henley Free People // sweater Free People //
"verdugo ankle" skinnies Paige // "bungie" slip ons Report Footwear // backpack Isabelle Handbags
 
my look:  gray chambray shirt Cloth & Stone // pink utility coat Max Jeans //
"vintage army trouser" Rag & Bone // "lucine" leopard pump Guess

No comments :

Post a Comment