jump around

what a day, what a week, what a life!?!!!  things have been a lil crazy err crazier than usual around here and I am so glad to finally be home with nowhere to be for the next few days.  and im gonna need the time to catch up because next week is SBSCon and im so excited!!  followed by a week long vacation with our besties and their 2 boys, so even though I know it will be so much fun, I know I have a lot, like a lot a lot a lot to do before next Friday and I haven't even started.  does anyone else get packing anxiety??  the necessities I have down.  I have a list, I check it off, done.  the outfits??  STRESSFUL!!  I dress a lot according to my mood, and my plans for the day and since J and I never make any true plans when we go out of town, I end up packing my entire closet.  its a problem.  outfits aside, I have a few full-proof items that I always bring and you should to!!  1. LBD or in this case LDJ (little black jumpsuit) - for obvious reasons, the little black dress goes from day to night and can be layered up or styled along multiple ways for multiple days.  this LBJ is super fab and packing perk alert; its wrinkle free!!  2. Denim Jacket - I pretty much live by the rule that every outfit needs a dose of denim and a jacket is the easiest way to do just that.  I rarely actually put my arms in the holes (im weird, I know) slung over your shoulders or tied around your waist are my favorite ways to style this jacket, and then should I actually get cold, I can throw it on and wear it like a normal human being.  3.  Nude Heels - no matter where you're going or what you're wearing, a nude heel can seal the deal.  go for a classic style that looks good with both dresses and pants.  4.  Aviators - these universally flattering shades are always in my purse, traveling or not.  5.  the Perfect Tote -  a tote offers enough room to stuff your life into your purse and since I've basically been living in muted tones lately, this pop of green is giving my outfits life.  the cross-body strap is an extra bonus and makes it easy for me to be hands free.  6.  Floppy Hat - trust me!  you want to have a hat!  traveling to different climates can mess with your hair and a great hat is a great fix, plus it adds an extra style element to your look.  (speaking of bad hair days . . . my hair is having a major moment thanks to Living Proof's frizz collection.  the humidity here is insane! and somehow, it's keeping my hair in check.  more details of my daily hair routine are hitting the blog next week!).  7.  Simple Statements - trendy jewelry is just that, trendy.  I prefer to keep my everyday set pretty simple and styleable with everything.  my basic checklist includes a pair of studs, a couple of delicate gold necklaces to be layered or worn individually, every gold ring I own, and a full arm party.  my wrist is probably what changes the most from day to day and if I am going to incorporate a trendy piece, this is where it would fit in.  my current stack has been all about this Wood Watch because its light and fresh and layers really well with both my gold and boho stacks. 
Happy Trails lovies!!
"don't be a tourist, be a traveler"
 
ALL IMAGES MARIE RODRIGUEZ
 
jumpsuit Laundry by Shelli Segal c/o Belk // denim jacket 7 for all Mankind // hat c/o Goorin Bros. // bag c/o Hayden Harnett // heels Charlotte Russe // aviators Ray-Ban //
necklace and bracelet via Rocksbox [use code TARAXOXO2 to receive your first month FREE]
"Fieldcrest" maple watch c/o Jord

No comments :

Post a Comment