modern men


through blogging I have been blessed with meeting some amazing people and allowed the opportunity to partake in some incredible events!  the month of October was full of both, and most being thanks to the department store of the south, BELK!!  from the grand re-opening of the much improved and now flagship Women's Store, to Ladies Night with Cynthia Rowley, and so many in between, my absolute favorite was Men's Night at which I was honored to put back on my stylist hat and host a night designed to spoil the men.  if you could dream up the perfect wishlist for your guy, this event had it covered.  Cru Catering filled their stomachs with a slider bar complete with every topping and sauce you could possibly need and draft beers were served to wash it down.  the men could enjoy hand rolled cigars and were even able to head over to the Kiehl's station for a fresh shave.  I featured my top 10 picks from closet staples like the dark denim from Chip & Pepper or a basic tee from Lacoste to instant updates for any men's current wardrobe like a bowtie from Bowtie Tuesday or the perfect topper of a velvet blazer by Madison.  one of my favorite clients from my styling days popped in with her adorable son, and we duded him out from head to toe, literally pulling his look off the table with the perfect chambray and gray chinos both from Polo.  I wish you could see the fun print of his socks from Happy Socks and the lace-ups from Clarks finished off his look.  seriously the highlight of the night!  you can also check out Belk's Must Haves for Men HERE.
 of course, I wanted to wear something fabulous to look the part of fashion host, so I shopped the women's store for the most perfectly polished look.  1.state is one of Belk's newest collections, and with the fun prints and edgy details, I was immediately pulled in.  this blazer had me sold from the start, so I went with a jeweltone mash-up, pairing it with this pleated burgundy midi and navy pumps.  I added a few more ladylike accessories and of course, a little leopard and gold.
special thanks to Belk for having me, and for everyone who came out and shopped!!
and if you missed me, don't fret!!  I'm so excited to be partnering with Belk again, so be sure to join me this Saturday from 1-4 for a mini runway show and a chance to shop and style the new Lilly Pulitzer collection!
 "you are the composite of everything you see, touch, and listen to"  -Arlene Goldstein
 
 

ALL IMAGES MARIE RODRIGUEZ
animal fusion tank 1 state // quilted jacket 1 state // pleated midi skirt Jessica Simpson - all c/o Belk
"leitha" heels ShoeMint // clutch BCBGeneration // gloves Marshalls // belt (old) similar here //
sunnies American Eagle // earrings (old) similar here

No comments :

Post a Comment