sticks and stones

by no means is today the last of family Friday (selfishly, I plan to continue this series indefinitely because I just love having all the pictures of the boys!!), but today does mark our final post at the Hype Park Polo Club.  the family was so incredibly generous to let us take over their property and roam the grounds for the afternoon.  I am at this moment planning, what is sure to be, an over the top Christmas card hopefully taking place in the barn between those big red doors!!
those very doors were my inspiration for all the looks I pulled for our shoot.  if you look back, you'll notice all our outfits are classic colors (mostly olive) and barn friendly!! so today it was all about the red!!  something about army green and red just speaks to me!  its not an obvious pairing,  but it always looks sharp together.  I went all white for the base of my look with my favorite envelope skort, seen first HERE and again HERE.  the lace tee is a bit daring, which is clearly why I chose it (wink wink) and taking note from yesterdays post, I layered a strappy white bra top underneath to keep my tatas appropriately covered.  this jacket is an oldie, but a goodie, and was actually first seen in my second blog post!!  as you can see, I like it paired with white, but I do also layer it over a rocker tee or striped tank from time to time.  I stuck with white for the bag as well and in playing with the diamond pockets, I layered on diamond and Lucite accessories.  the Lucite is also what tied in these patent red pumps!!  im sure you've seen plenty of them by now, but I just cant get enough!!  and for sure they will be popping up all over the blog for fall. 
both the boys are again playing off my color palate without really matching, you know how we do!  I like to encourage their own sense of style, and trust me, they definitely are opposites when it comes to fashion choices!!  Phoenix is still my budding stylist, always wanting to pick out what everyone wears and making sure it matches.  its too funny.  Lincoln on the other hand, would just prefer to be naked.  he's a typical boy, putting it all out there for the world to see!
 "raise your words, not your voice.  it is rain that grows flowers, not thunder" 

ALL IMAGES MARIE RODRIGUEZ
 
lace top // bralette // skort - all via styleXchange
utility jacket H&M (old) similar here // cross body bag H&M similar here //
aviators American Eagle // patent heels GoJane // lucite "team linc" necklace Moon & Lola //
diamond chain Belk // watch Michael Kors
 
Nix: tee Oshkosh // denim jacket Carter's // shorts GAP // sneaks Converse // wayfarer Target
Linc: henley GAP // camo cargos Children's Place // sneaks Converse
 

No comments :

Post a Comment