CSS x SF x NLSB

If you're from Charleston, i'm sure you've noticed the abundance of street art popping up in the downtown area, but incase you missed it or you don't live anywhere near here, let me give you a little background!!  Shepard Fairey, a Charleston native, and contemporary street artist has done a handful of installations in various locations about town.  Perhaps you've heard of him??  If not, I know you've seen his Barack Obama Hope poster as i'm sure just about everyone in this country has.  Without going into a full on biography of the guy, you can check out his Wikipedia page here.
For me, street art is the perfect backdrop to a shoot, and while im not well versed in the subject, this particular illustration gave me inspiration to really embrace my "street style"
I partnered up with Charleston Street Style for a Charleston Fashion Bloggers Collab!!
there is such a diverse community of bloggers in Charleston and it was really cool to see all the girls variations of street style.  we were asked to style 2 looks using red, black and white as our inspiration and 1 look needed to include sneakers.  I chose to stick with all white because its just so fresh and clean and I knew it would really pop off the artwork.  my first look was day and truly what I wear "in the streets" on a regular basis.  im totally into layers of white right now.  no matter the slight variances in hue, they always look crisp.  my daily grind always includes sneaks and most often these leopard hi-tops, because, well, they're leopard!!  and a tee is a go to with the kids.  I paired it with my fave style "the envelope" skort and topped it off with this faux leather vest.  cool sunnies, lots of gold, done and done.
for look numero dos, I chose this caged mini dress.  the lattice bottom was way too cool to pass up!!  it would be totally sweet with a moto leather jacket, but I am still on the hunt for one :( so I left it alone and paired it with these patent pumps for a pop of red!  again with my everyday gold and topped it off with these ridiculously gorgeous Super sunnies!!
you can check out my full interview on Charleston Street Style and be sure browse all my fellow Chuck Town bloggers looks here!!
"..street art is one of the most democratic, accessible, empowering, and inspiring art forms there is."  -Shepard Fairey


no5 tee, white skort, & white leather vest styleXchange // leopard hi-tops Vans //
"badman" sunnies Le Specs - "lucia puma" tortoise sunnies Super both c/o styleXchange //
cage dress c/o styleXchange // patent pumps GoJane // watch Michael Kors via styleXchange // assorted bangles Bourbon and Boweties - Alex and Ani - Blue J Beads

 

No comments :

Post a Comment