Skin.Party.Fashion

I had the privilege of attending the SPF{Skin.Party.Fashion} Event at the SPA at Belmond Charleston Place two weeks ago, and seeing as it benefited cancer research at M.U.S.C. , I felt it was my duty to support and also to let y'all in on why this is a cause so dear to my heart.
I know many of you follow my instagram, so you've noticed the numerous posts from the hospital, but I haven't gone much in to detail as to what's going on. (at this point, if you are uninterested and only wish to enjoy the fashion aspect of my blog, I suggest you scroll to the bottom. No judgment from me, I promise!!)
without going into too much detail, here are the cliff notes to our current speed bump in life;  6 weeks ago, my youngest son, Lincoln, was diagnosed with neuroblastoma.  (don't worry, I'd never heard of it either.)   it is a form of cancer that affects children and is usually generated in the adrenal gland, which was the case with Linc. He showed no signs, he had no symptoms.  By the grace of God, the mass was discovered during a routine ultrasound on his abdomen for a non-related issue. 
fast forward through 3 surgeries, every scan/test under the sun and a biopsy or two, I am currently holding my beautiful child as he sleeps in my arms while the chemo is being pumped through his port.  This is his second round with 6 more to go. 
We are so incredibly grateful for all the love and support surrounding us, and for the amazing team at MUSC Children's Hospital who are holding our hand through this journey. 
Lincoln is so strong and so happy and I know this will soon be just a memory.
if you wish to stay up to date on his journey, you can check out www.LincolnJoseph.com or follow his facebook page TeamLinc
As for the fashion aspect of this post, knowing this was a poolside event, I knew I wanted something airy and fun!!  and thank goodness, because this was literally one of the muggiest nights EVER, with the rain spitting on us throughout the night, so please excuse the sweat and frizz.
this maxi skirt is a flower child's dream!!  and the crochet tank hit perfectly at the waistband to give the slightest peekaboo of skin.  I went with this green clutch to add a pop of unexpected color and layered on my gold with a few touches of turquoise.  Although you cant see my shoes, they're the perfect brown wedge, but I think just about any strappy sandal would do the trick as long as the heel is high enough to allow the hem to just grace the floor!! 
 "a river cuts through a rock, not because of its power, but its perseverance"
 
crochet top and floral maxi c/o styleXchange // 
"catherine" crossbody Urban Expressions via TJMaxx //
wedges Dolce Vita (old) similar here // flora pendant Jewelmint //
"on the mark" necklace Stella & Dot 
 

 

No comments :

Post a Comment