will blog for fashion

it has literally taken me 3 days to get this post live.  pink eye has infected my household, making my already needy children overly clingy and minimizing my ability to use 2 hands or even one to do anything other than hold them.  but I do love the cuddles!!  I'm gonna do my best to keep it short on the chit chat and stick to the fashion, since that's the real reason you're stopping by, right?  so, 2 weeks ago was SBScon and lucky for me, it took place in Charleston, which meant I didn't have to travel.  for those of you unfamiliar, this is a conference for bloggers.  we come, we socialize, we learn and I cant speak for everyone else, but I went home feeling pretty pumped to blog, blog and blog some more.  of course, for me, it was all about getting dressed up and out of the house!!  so, starting with look numero uno, ie my first impression, I wanted to make a statement.  I think I always want to make a statement, but especially when meeting new people, which was the case, because I wore this tuxedo number to our Friday night cocktail meet and greet hosted by swoozies.  starting with the white romper, I love the lace detail, but in true form, I couldn't leave it at that, so I layered over my tuxedo blazer and buttoned it up exposing the pretty scalloped hem of the shorts.  staying on the black and white train, I laced up my black sandals and my latest pair of sunglasses from my endless eyewear collection.  lastly I slung on this cross-body for a bold pop of pink and if it looks a little different than the ones I've worn before, its because its LIZARD!!  for me, this is amazing, because im a little bit of a clutz and, uh, hello!  I have 3 sticky children, so the lizard is much more spill friendly than the classic python. 
skipping over to sunday brunch with Hallmark, I wore this utility shirt dress that I immediately fell in love with as soon as I walked in to Finicky Filly.  yes, im a sucker for olive, and i'm gonna go ahead and forecast my fall wardrobe being much more this minimal vibe.  im really digging it.  of course, nothing for me is too minimal.  I had to add something, so I stuck with my staple of the moment; the tied on denim jacket.  I was originally thinking black heels, but having sent back my zac posen sunnies from Friday night, I wanted to break in my new pair and they just so happened to be tortoise, so I switched it up for nude lace ups.  these guys are super old, but I've linked a few similar pairs below because you can never have too many nude heels!
jumping back to Saturday, this was our longest day, and the most inspiring.  we had the amazing opportunity to learn from some big time influencers and then meet with amazing brands to discuss potential collaborations.  just you wait guys, good things are coming to NLSB!!  so, of course, I wanted something fun and comfortable at the same time.  enter in the culotte!!  at first mention of the comeback of the culottes, I was thinking, no, no, no, please NO!!!  but these are not your mothers culottes and everytime i wear this white pair, all I think is, how was I so wrong?  a heal is a must for these baggy britches, but they are oh so perfect for everything!  i paired them with this super cool ribbon tank and turban (thanks Arkeedah!) and finished it off with this python tote which I basically shoved my life in for the day.  Thank you Southern Blog Society for having me!!  I am so excited for where this year is headed and I now feel more equipped than ever!!  and thank you guys for sticking with me as I figure this thing out.  i may know style, but technology and i are yet to be friends.
"to blog is to share, to connect, to create, to inspire"

white lace romper c/o The Impeccable Pig
vintage tuxedo blazer Cavortress
carrie cross-body lizard bag c/o Taxidermy
lace up heels Charlotte Russe
zac posen bibi sunnies c/o Ditto
double pearl studs c/o Moon and Lola

 
j brand utility shirt dress c/o The Finicky Filly
denim jacket 7 for all Mankind


milly illusion tank c/o The Finicky Filly
lucite sunnies Forever 21


special thanks to Chloe of Top Knots and Polkadots for being my fabulous photographer for the weekend!!  love you!

No comments :

Post a Comment