ladies who lunch

last night was incredible!!
i was feelin' fancy and fresh in my new duds and soo ready for every photo op i could find!!
i knew i wanted to make a splash on day 1 of Charleston Fashion Week and really wear something classic and stylish and this turquoise boucle by alice + olivia set the tone!!
it was the first thing i spotted on my shopping excursion to styleXchange last week and i just knew i had to have it!!
its giving me vintage chanel meets madonna in the 80's and i cant get enough
i will totally be pairing this with all black or a t-shirt and jeans for mommy duty!
for this night i really wanted to play with textures but still keep the base of my outfit in a black and white color scheme
this flirty houndstooth skirt caught my eye and the double lace midi top is way too cute to pass up so i went on a whim and paired them together.  the lace hits just at the waistline to give you a slight peekaboo of midriff without baring your lunch (or in my case, my starbucks!)
 my heels were a given as i just received them in the mail last week and have been wearing them at every opportune moment!!  and seeing as they are the exact shade turquoise as the blazer, i really had no excuse not to!
if you know me, you know, even my pjs are not complete unless properly accessorized, so i finished off this look with just the right amount of funky, chunky and gold fabulousness!
when i think of chanel, i think quilted, i think pearls, i think chains and i think GOLD!!
the neckline of this top has soo much going on, so i didn't want to distract away from the detail with a necklace.  instead, i opted for these geometric lucite earrings from moon and lola, i'm not a pearl girl, but i love me some lucite!!  and these puppies are killer!!
added a chain party to my arm, over-sized sunnies to my face, a quilted cross-body and i'm retro chic, ready to go!!
as the great coco chanel herself said:
"adornment, what a science. beauty, what a weapon. modesty, what elegance!"

ALL IMAGES MARIE RODRIGUEZ
lace top Olivaceous c/o styleXchange // boucle blazer Alice + Olivia c/o styleXchange // houndstooth skirt Olivaceous c/o styleXchange // turquoise sandals Shoe Republic LA via GoJane // quilted cross-body bag Urban Expressions c/o styleXchange // "sinap" earrings c/o Moon and Lola // "anassa" bracelet c/o Moon and Lola

No comments :

Post a Comment