thru the looking glass

I can't believe this is my last official CFW look and i'm so sad about it!  I know, I know, fashion week was over a month ago and it seems like its taken me forever to break down my outfits, but I was trying to savor the moment.  this look comes from my Thursday morning, which included brunch and a style challenge with Belk.  this dress felt was the perfect shift for a rainy day of running around.  I absolutely love the geometric/shattered glass print down the front and the slit pocket hit just below the belly making for a comfortable resting spot.  I kept the palate clean by pairing my white sandals and Lucite sunnies and pulled out some turquoise in my jewels, but the real show-stopper was this neon clutch from Taxidermy.  I mean, does it get any cooler than chartreuse python?  i pretty much need every bag from this collection to make its way into my closet (hint hint).  if i caught you staring at my head thinking, did she do something different with her hair??  why yes, thank you!  i went a little lighter and grew out the bangs, thanks for noticing ;).  ok, ok, i went a little cray on the hair.  i pulled inspiration from the runway for this triple messy bun look and considering it poured rain most of the day, it worked in my favor.  throughout all of CFW i tried different looks with my hair because well, duh, its fun!!  and i actually am pretty creative with my hair on a daily basis, especially now that i have some length back, but for versatility purposes, i style it down for shoot days.  (yes ladies, spoiler alert, i shoot multiple blog looks at a time.  i wish i was able to go out everyday and shoot my outfits, but with 3 munchkins at home that's just not feasible)  but i do hope you enjoyed the fun styles i shared during fashion week, and honestly, as crazy as it might look, this one was my fave!
 "the world is a looking glass.  it gives back to every man a true reflection of his own thoughts"

ALL IMAGES MARIE RODRIGUEZ
 
dress Nocturne c/o Finicky Filly // sunnies c/o SEE // "harper" clutch c/o Taxidermy //
studs Stella & Dot // cuff - bangles - ring c/o Peyton William // sandals Go Jane

No comments :

Post a Comment