in the grey


Happy HallowsEve!!  sorry for the last post today, i've been chasing children around a parking lot for "trunk or treat" all morning, and it has taken me until now to get them calmed down enough so i can sit down and have a clear train of thought.  honestly, my children are already nuts, but candy is like crack to a toddler!!  i wish i could bottle up all that energy and drink it for breakfast.  3 lattes later, i'm still draggin' my way through the day, how about y'all??  tgif is all i have to say!  i am excited to sleep in and hopefully catch up on laundry and maybe tackle some work that i've been pushing off all week.  so, ya know, crazy Saturday up in here!!  my sister and i always joke about how "thrilling" our lives are.  but, really, its so nice.  ill take boring any day!  ok ok, fashion fashion, let's talk about this look.  i am really going through a "no color" phase and gray hues seem to be my go to.  these jeans have been on serious repeat since i got them, because, who knew high rise could be so comfortable??  i layered on a band tee and this amazing buffalo check jacket.  is anyone else as obsessed with plaid as i am??  i kindof feel like its a neutral and so easy to layer up for fall.  obvi, im not print mixing with this look, but i'm just saying, you totally could!  especially with a combo like black and white.  leopard, stripes, herringbone, all of it!  i went for more of a monochromatic look this time around, sticking with shades of grey and black.  back to the buffalo, this guy comes from my newest tique obsession, Apricot Lane North Charleston.  i shopped a bit too hard in there a few weeks back (remember this look?) and fell in love. so much so, that i am going to be hosting a fun night out so you can fall in love too!!  join me and my bloggin bestie Chloe of TopKnots and Polka Dots next week for a little retail therapy, styling, and a storewide sale!  you can find full deets below and if you can't wait until then, Apricot Lane is giving my readers 30% off this jacket (now thru Friday) when you mention my blog, and be sure to follow my instagram for a special giveaway this sunday ;).  I hope to see some familiar faces next week and i wish you all a happy halloween!
"i enjoyed my life when i had nothing . . . and kinda like the idea of just being happy with me" - Joey Ramone


Apricot Lane North Charleston buffalo check jacket c/o



No comments :

Post a Comment