business and the bump


Monday has come and gone, but I've still got the blues.  not the "weekends over, back to work" blues, more like the "take me back to fashion week" blues.  seriously, i'm already counting down the days to next year.  for the fashion, of course, but also for the fellowship.  i can't tell you how many amazing people i have met and the friendships I've formed under the tents of CFW.  plus getting to work with Charleston's finest brands and boutiques is a total perk.
its hard to say i had a favorite look during the week, because all of my outfits were so different, but i really fell in love with this Versace-esque suit from The Finicky Filly.  my Friday started off with a brunch to discuss the business of blogging with the Belk executives, so i took this as my cue to show up looking uber profesh.  i do consider myself a business woman, maybe not the suit wearing type, unless you consider the Canadian tuxedo a business suit, but a business minded woman just the same.  so i committed to the role and slicked back my hair, donned my best red lip, and suited up.  this blazer was everything!! giving me a little british mobster tuxedo vibe and the gold button detail gave me the excuse to layer on some seriously stunning accessories like this lion cuff that totally screams Versace Versace Versace!!!  i contemplated pairing a white slip-style dress underneath for a girl meets boy vibe, but ultimately chose this black shift to keep the look more chic.  my color-block sandals and 2-tone antler clutch added the perfect black & white combo to tie the whole look together and add a pop of intrigue.  i think i might just have to play "boss-lady" more often, i really felt like i could rule the world in this look!
"act like lady, think like a boss"
 
ALL IMAGES MARIE RODRIGUEZ
 
dress Vince // blazer Smythe // cuff Julie Voss // necklace Julie Vos - c/o The Finicky Filly
sandals French Connection c/o Belk // aviators c/o SEE // "Monroe" studs c/o Moon & Lola //
antler box clutch c/o Taxidermy // lip "rouge allure" Chanel c/o Belk

No comments :

Post a Comment