layers and lattes

I absolutely love trotting around this beautiful city of mine and taking in all its splendor.  I feel like I discover new alleys and corners all the time, but I always make it back to the waterfront.  it may be a bit touristy, but having grown up in dreary pa, the sunshine and salty air call my name and I give in every chance I can get.  the yank in me is also where i get my need for layers.  i feel naked in just a top, or just a dress, i feel that top layer (or 2) really completes the look.  if you could glimpse into my closet, you would find the majority of my racks are filled with blazers and faux fur.  there's a very small section dedicated to blouses and an even smaller department of dresses.  it's just an automatic response for me, when i enter a store, i head straight for the outerwear and its where my outfits tend to begin as well.  this is the second time this slouchy trench is hitting the blog; check out how i dressed it up HERE; and its pretty much the perfect fall jacket for this southern weather.  it felt like a basics kinda day, so i paired it over this heathered tank and my favorite skinnies.  my floppy hat and bowler bag are fall favorites of mine from last year (remember when oxblood was all the rave?) but i still love how they add intrigue to the bland palate and i pretty much wear a pair of these rockstud wannabes every day now.  i told you i got them in black too, right?  i couldn't help myself.  but im quite proud of how well i refrained from all these cyber sales, it was super tempting to blow the bank, but i stuck it out and only bought a few necessary items and checked a thing or 2 off my Christmas list and thank goodness, because buyers remorse was not in my humpday plans!
be sure to head over to Peaches in a Pod (love these girls!!) and check out their tour through blogland!  im so honored to have been nominated alongside of one of my fave blogs UpBeat Soles!

"sometimes you need to walk alone, just to show you can"

ALL IMAGES MARIE RODRIGUEZ
 
trench // tank // skinnies AG Jeans all via styleXchange
heels Lulus // hat H&M // sunnies American Eagle // tassel House of Sage // bag Marshalls

No comments :

Post a Comment