pretty tough

bye bye Mondays . . . . well for 2014 at least!
i know i'm not the only one, but i don't totally hate Mondays the way the rest of social media seems to.  yes it signifies the end of the weekend and the beginning of the work week, and perhaps if i had a "big girl" sit at your desk kinda job, i would feel differently, but Mondays are my day to get life back in order.  and as someone with a mild case of OCD, i rather enjoy putting everything back in its rightful spot.  my laundry is fresh and folded, the kitchen is spotless, for that glorious 2 hours during nap time, all of the boys toys are put away, it really is a beautiful sight!!  so cheers to you Monday, thank you for getting my week off to a well organized, sparkling clean week!!
another reason i love Mondays, is because im back at it on the blog with you guys!!  with everyone in the festive spirit, this peplum screams Christmas to me!  which is why I've worn it like 3 times in the past 2 weeks, but always styled slightly differently.  for the holidays, i do tend to embrace the prettier side of my closet and glam it up a bit, but for my everyday style, i love a little drama and a lot of edge, so for today's look, I've paired down the pretty with a little ripped action.  i just love a good pair of shredded skinnies, and ag does a rip right!  i totally need to have a few inches taken off the bottom, but I've been too busy wearing them out, that i haven't wanted to part with them just yet.  maybe once the bump is too big to button, ill take them in for a hemmage.  best part about both these pieces . . . . they were total fab finds!!  isn't that why we all scan the boutique section of tj maxx and marshalls??  i get so excited to find my fave brands at 1/3 of the price, especially when they're still current "on the rack" items.  i can't tell you how many times I've walked into a store to find the same item i just purchased at full price! oh yea, it makes me pretty proud of my savvy shopping ways.  my heels are an oldie, but a goodie from ShoeMint, and seriously guys, if you haven't shopped the site, you need to head over there ASAP!  so many of my fave pairs are from there, and if you time it right, you can always snag them on sale!  (plus, there's no need to sign up for the monthly membership, any and everybody can shop thanks to their new policy!)
i wish you all a wonderful Monday!!  and if you are sitting at your desk, hating this day, just think Friday is only 4 days away!!
"dream big, sparkle more, shine bright"

ALL IMAGES MARIE RODRIGUEZ
 
top Dolce Vita via Marshalls // denim AG Jeans via TJMaxx // heels ShoeMint // clutch styleXchange

No comments :

Post a Comment