bubblegum fun

 heck to the yes, it is finally Friday!!!  now, I know as a stay-at-home mom, technically speaking I don't have a full work schedule that gives me reasoning to complain through the week and beg for the weekend to come, but my husband does!  and Friday means I get 2 solid days with my 3 favorite boys and an extra hand in the wrangling!!
do you ever haphazardly put together a totally adorable outfit, without intentionally trying?  that is what happened with today's look.  I fell in love with this hot pink embroidery and the way the tribal print pops off the white shift is stunning.  my only disappointment was that it is a shift!  i tend to have a bit too much bootie for the cut, and the clinging on the hips is less than flattering so i generally steer away.  but is was just too cute to pass up, so i grabbed my denim jacket from the fitting room floor, tied it around my waist and hoped for the best.  to my surprise, its a pretty cool vibe.  i've seen the likes of sincerely jules and song of style rock this trend in a more laid back fashion and I've done it a time or 2 with a chambray, but never with the thickness of a jacket (at least not since the 90's).
with my waist properly accentuated the rest of the pieces just fell into place.  i layered on some more pink and threw in a pop or 2 of turquoise.  i stuck with my white heels because they're funky in their own right and there was no need for more color.  i could not be more happy with how this turned out, and i am now putting my denim jackets on even heavier rotation bc this is perhaps my new favorite way to layer!  (second to coat-slinging of course!  i am still a super-fan of this trend)
i hope you all have a wonderful weekend!!
"sky above me, earth below me, fire within me"
 
ALL IMAGES MARIE RODRIGUEZ
 
dress styleXchange // denim jacket 7 for all Mankind (old) similar here // sandals GoJane //
sunnies MinkPink // envelope clutch Marshalls // "xoxo" Moon and Lola
 


No comments :

Post a Comment