fancy schmancy

 sometimes a girl's just gotta embrace her inner "lady" and take it up a notch, so for once in a blue moon, I went ultra conservative (well, for me at least! this is about as covered up as I can get without feeling claustrophobic). lace is not necessarily my go-to fabric of choice, maybe lace trim or in a bright neon shade, but ivory, or really in this case, nude lace is not something i'm immediately drawn to.  it just feels too "ladies who lunch" to me, and lets be honest, I haven't eaten lunch since the 90's.  im more of a latte and a cupcake kinda girl!  nothing like a caffeine filled sugar high to get me through the day!  but I do do dinner, and I like to dine in style, so what better than a lil French inspiration with a chignon and this embroidered lace mini.  the cap sleeves and high mock neck are oh so chic and the geometric lace is an update on the classic.  of course, I didn't want to appear too sweet, so I paired it with these spiked strappy heels and a bold lip.  tons of gold accessories with a pop of turquoise to top off the look and im feelin fancy!!
I hope you all have a lovely evening and a super fab weekend!! 
"elegance is good taste, plus a dash of daring"
 
ALL IMAGES MARIE RODRIGUEZ
"antiope" dress Dolce Vita via styleXchange // studded heels Boutique 9 (old) similar here //
"lucia" sunnies Super // clutch Vintage similar here // cuff (old) similar here // watch Michael Kors //
assorted bangles Bourbon and Boweties - Alex and Ani - Blue J Beads



No comments :

Post a Comment