double denim and a triple shot

 
I don't know about y'all, but this rainy weather has me in the mood to stay in bed and sip on hot coffee all day.  but, since the kiddos would never let that happen, i'll have to settle for my slippers and a latte to go.  its a fair trade off.  at least I have nothing on the agenda that requires me to leave the house, so I will most likely stay in my pjs all day until i take a shower and put a fresh pair back on.  (you know you're guilty of the same!) 
but I digress, let's move on to a day when I actually pulled on my big girl pants and made it out of the house.  I was downtown shopping on a rainy day such as this, when I spotted this duster at Forever 21 on sale!!  since I've been trying to add more classic staples to my wardrobe, it was hard to pass up, and i ended up wearing it out of the store, and pretty much every day since then.  I paired it over my Canadian uniform for an easy monochromatic look and left all the color popping to my accessories.  (on a side note: monochromatic dressing is always flattering, but especially when concealing an extra large bundle!!  it has an instantly slimming factor and i'm totally not mad about it)
my neon wristlet was a great "fab find" and fits everything from my cash to my phone for those days when i just don't have an extra hand to lug a big bag.  i kept my accessories pretty simple with these "starlett" studs that, like the coat, i've been wearing just about every day since i bought them, and this "shine" necklace that was gifted in my first Rocksbox!!  for the finale piece, i slipped on these 2 tone satin pumps.  now i know you've seen these heels a time or 2 before, but they're still high on my list of faves!  and bonus, i finally found them for ya'll!  they've been sold out (literally) since the day i bought them, but they are back in stock at Heels.com and just in time for Valentines Day!!
 "may your coffee be strong and your Monday be short"
 
ALL IMAGES MARIE RODRIGUEZ
 
coat Forever 21 // chambray TJMaxx // jegging American Eagle // heels ShoeMint //
wallet Olivia + Joy via Marshalls // studs Moon & Lola // "shine" necklace Rocksbox

No comments :

Post a Comment