preppy pastures

happy family Friday y'all!!!
today's post is the epitome of candid; as are most children's shots, because they're so easily distracted, but these snaps in particular because we were in the middle of a pasture, surrounded by the most gorgeous horses at the Hyde Park Polo Club.  you can only imagine the beauty of these animals.  Phoenix is a bit timid around most living creatures, Lincoln on the other hand, has no fear, and was desperate to hop aboard.  of the entire day spent shooting on this gorgeous property, this spot was my favorite!!  
on a busy day with the boys, I stick within 2 realms, hobo/boho and preppy chic.  I know they're on drastic ends of the spectrum, and I favor the bohemian side, but I always find they're wardrobe to be on the preppy side, so I tend to fall in line and continue the trend.  don't expect to see me in chino shorts and tasseled loafers, but I can rock a ralph lauren inspired ensemble with a twist.  this blazer has been in my closet for a few years now, (see it worn HERE) it's so polished and perfect that I had to rough it up with these shredded bfs and hi top chucks.  its still a classic look, but a little less stuffy.  my red bag makes the perfect pop to this toned down palate and completes the look in style.

"nature can exist without art, but art can never exist without nature"
 
 
ALL IMAGES MARIE RODRIGUEZ
 
stripe tank Old Navy // blazer H&M // bf short American Eagle // hi-tops Converse //
 aviators Ray-Ban // "style warrior" necklace Jewelmint // tote Aldo (in store)
 
Nix: pique polo GAP // stripe chambray shorts GAP // loafers Oshkosh // aviators Children's Place
Linc:  plaid shirt Target // embroidered shorts Children's Place // sneaks Converse

linking up with: i feel pretty // infused lemonade // ann elliot //

No comments :

Post a Comment