white stripes

a day late and a dollar short, that's how life feels these days.  totally planned on having this post up yesterday, but much like everything else, life got in the way and work got put on the back burner.  I honestly don't know how these women do it!!  3 kids has totally rocked my world, and while i'm loving every minute of it, the ocd side of me is having a hard time adjusting to the chaos.  In addition to the never-ending to-do list, my memory is shot.  mommy brain is real people!  I am constantly setting reminders and jotting down notes so I don't forget the big stuff, like the fact that today is my birthday!  we don't really need to talk about it, because i'm slightly in denial, but if it weren't for social media and the big flashing alarm on my phone, this day would've totally slipped past me.  well, that and a mother-in-law who baked me a cake and helpfully reminded her son (ie my hubby) to buy me a card.  so needless to say, there will be no big celebration, which is fine by me, because if we don't acknowledge it, it never happened, right??  what DID happen, was a lovely stroll with my baby babe down the battery through the streets south of broad to spot all the pretty window boxes.  if you live in Charleston, you know you're guilty too, and who could blame us?  I wonder what the owners of these houses must think?  are they flattered?  I would be! but they probably think we're all a bunch of crazies who should just go and plant their own flowers to snap pics of.  which, ps, I totally did over the weekend and shocker (not really) they've pretty much all died already.  what can I say, i forgot to water them.  ironic?  ok ok, I know you don't visit to read my babble. 
this dress!  it's been on repeat.  reasons? a. its a nursing style and mav literally eats every hour, sooo easy access is a must  b. i love a body-con midi because they accentuate and flatter my newly developed curves (flaunt it while you got it ladies ;))  c.  stripes, need I say more?  everything striped is all I want right now!  they're the perfect basic and mix with every other print to perfection!  still on the classic kick, I kept it pretty simple with a denim jacket, mules, and dainty jewels.  this fold-over clutch is always in my tote for a quick switch out and it pairs so perfectly with these tortoise sunnies from my endless subscription!  who knew i was so basic?
"age is strictly a case of mind over matter, if you don't mind, it doesn't matter"

ALL IMAGES MARIE RODRIGUEZ
 
"simone" dress c/o  Boob Design
jacket Gap // heels Charlotte Russe // foldover clutch c/o Alex & Ani // watch Michael Kors // 
reflector bangle House of Harlow via Rocksbox
sunnies Raen via Ditto [click HERE to receive your first month Free]

No comments :

Post a Comment