sale away

 good (almost) afternoon!!  i am loving all these transition to fall pieces that keep popping up in my feed, but honestly, i live in the south, which means 90 degree days are far from over and sweater weather is many months away.  so my version of transitioning into fall looks something like this.  but then again, my summer style looks a lot like this as well, so who's to tell the difference?  that's the beauty of my 3 key pieces!!  chambray is always ALWAYS on trend.  year round, rain or shine, you can find me wearing this lightweight denim alternative.  and this top comes from literaly THE. CUTEST. STORE. EVER!!  Pink Chicken opened up on King Street days after i found out mav was going to be a boy, leading me to beg the owner to create some styles for the only gender i seem to be able to create.  but if you're lucky enough have daughters, this shop is a dream!!  from floral print dresses to sequin slippers to popsicle fans and fur headbands, this store is like i said, the cutest!!!  remember that straw pouf tote?  just another one of the chicken's adorable accessories!  this top comes from their women's collection, and aside from feeding my chambray addiction, the floral embroidery and peasant fit give me something my other shirts are lacking.  and total bonus, i spotted mega mom babe Emily Henderson wearing the dress version of this style the same day i took my top out for a spin which had me feeling all the more pleased in my choice, because i was in seriously enviable company!  i paired the top with white skinnies which is another great year round style.  i know i know, no white after labor day, right?  well, i say wrong, and i think most of the fashion community would concur.  there's no real rules anymore, and the first one that needed to be broken was this one.  this particular pair has been seen on just about every blogger out there and after liking to know it about one hundred times, i finally gave in and bought them, and im so glad that i did because they are the most perfect fit!!  my last transitional/year round style is actually a color.  cognac!  its that in the middle shade where nude meets brown and it is a year round neutral must have in the accessory department.  these lace-ups are perfect with their summer style and the suede keeps them heavy enough to wear through to fall.  i hope y'all have a great day and remember to check out Mondays post to enter in my luggage giveaway!
 "its a new era in fashion - there are no rules"
 
ALL IMAGES MARIE RODRIGUEZ
 
embroidered chambray top c/o Pink Chicken NY
cognac lace up sandals Charlotte Russe
westward leaning "voyager" sunglasses c/o Ditto [use code SouthernBelles to receive your first month FREE]
 

No comments :

Post a Comment