splattered

 

ok, so obviously today's look is a bit more relaxed than what you've grown accustomed to seeing me in, but i'm thinking you're just gonna have to get used to it, because my heels are few and far between at the moment.  1 in stilettos?  totally manageable. 2?  tricky but still doable.  3?? . . . . . I mean, seriously??  unless we're going to church or lots of extra arms are around, it's the flats life for me.  between nursing this babe, chasing after my psycho 2 year old and keeping up with my ultra-inquisitive 4 year old, this momma is wore slap out!!!  and yes, I realize that sounds very southern of me to say, but I have 3 impressionable pairs of ears now, so i'm trying to subdue my yankee sass and learn from these good ole belles down south who put everything so eloquently.  truly, they can make pooping your pants sound like you just found a pot of gold in your britches.  and if I hear "bless your heart" one more time, I swear.  (in case you're unaware, that's the lowest of blows a woman can receive.  they might be blessing you, but it's not in the Christian way I assure you)  but I digress, let's talk fashion shall we??  like I said, I've been rocking a slightly modified version of fashion these days, so today's look is all about the mommy uniform.  I basically live in this world where fashion meets comfort.  I could never be one of those women that runs around in yoga pants and a ratty t-shirt all day.  i'm sure it would make life easier, but I have way too much pride and a definite overdose of vanity, to truly embrace "bumming it", so this my friends, is my version of dressed down.  I like my mommy outfits to be versatile, durable, and most importantly, washable!  the first element will most likely include some form of a bf, whether it be jeans or shorts depends on the weather and if I've had a chance to spray on a tan or not.  these boyfriends are my newest addition to the fam, and I am pretty obsessed.  well, obsessed might be an understatement, because I have pretty much lived in them because A. they're ridiculously comfortable B. they're splattered with paint which means sticky fingers and juice stains are welcome and only add to the color palate, and C. because i'm a mom and it's totally socially acceptable for you to wear the same thing for a week straight.  but seriously you guys, mom or not, these pants are the bomb.com.  the second element of any good mom uniform is a blousy top.  but think cotton, definitely not silk!!  i'm a big fan of graphic tees and button downs, and I live for the sloppy tuck.  it's basically a haphazard way of slipping the front part of your shirt into your pants to show that you have a waist band while simultaneously hiding your pooch.  this top is actually a true "nursing blouse" if you can believe that, and from the pin tuck to the flutter sleeve, it's pretty much perfect for every summer occasion, nursing or not.  ok, so the third element is obvious with a great pair of flats.  if you follow my insta, you know I love some good kicks, but the summer is all about sandals!  I have already accumulated like 10 new pair (it's becoming a problem) but I'm loving the slip on style for grab and go and these guys are uber cheap.  lastly, and most importantly in my book, every mom uniform needs accessories!!  for me that means, sunnies, lipstick, and arm candy overkill!!  bangles are my bauble of choice and I have been rockin some serious stacks lately.  I think it's my way of coping with the lack of height.
"at the end of the day, your feet should be dirty, your hair messy, and your eyes sparkling"

ALL IMAGES MARIE RODRIGUEZ
 
on Mav: swaddle Aden + Anais
blouse c/o Seraphine // asher bf Ralph Lauren c/o Belk // sandals Lulus // aviators Ray-Ban //
watch Michael Kors //
blue bangle House of Harlow via Rocksbox 
(use code: TARAXOXO2 to receive your first month FREE)

No comments :

Post a Comment