red, white and preview

ok you guys, lots to cover today!!  are you ready for fall yet?  while the weather is in no way ready to start cooperating, I for one, cannot wait to start layering it up.  well, layering more than I already do.  like maybe actually wearing my layers on my body instead of just tied around my waist.  last week I had the privilege of hosting Belk's exclusive fall preview, and let me tell you, its lookin pretty fab!  aside from wanting everything, I also ate everything!  if you know me, you know I will show up to just about anything that includes catering, so an unlimited supply of appetizers is right up my alley.  you'd swear I was starving, but what can I say, momma likes to eat!!  wait, did I not just say that on Monday?  well, its true!  local catering company, Cru Catering outdid themselves!!  I ate some sort of meat wrap in bacon (sorry, all I saw was bacon and I forgot to ask what is was) smothered in sauce that was literally falling off the bone.  omg, my mouth is watering just thinking about it!  hold on, let me focus.  ok, so aside from the food, there was actual fashions to be seen!  this was by far, one of the best events I've been to in a long time.  a true "preview", models stood on platforms and showcased the upcoming seasons hottest trends.  it was pretty major.  now, im no photographer, so don't judge my camera skills, but I did my best to capture my fave looks of the night.  of course, bohemian is always a big trend and im loving everything Free People has to offer for fall.  from fringe to fur and everything in between, I cant wait to style this bold boho trend.  Lilly of course is a southern girls dream and I know y'all are lovin all this color!  for the sophisticated lady, the "town & country" trend has got you covered!  I especially loved the hair and makeup on these girls.  that topknot is perfection!!!  and i neeeeeeeed those fringe sandals ASAP!!
 as for my look, i kind of fell somewhere in the middle.  initially i had planned to go the boho route, and even though im a huge fan of the trend, I've been leaning more towards the chic simplistic vibes lately, so i merged the 2.  this skirt is flirty and fun and will be perfect with booties for fall!  i paired it with this striped button up for that classic vibe and then topped it off with this distressed denim jacket for a little edge.  i promise you guys, i actually wore it (arms through) for the entirety of the night, but it was just way too hot outside to shoot it on, so i resorted to my favorite style, the belt.  (thanks T for the sick shots!) for a little pop of color, i laced up these fab sandals and unintentionally went all patriotic on you guys!  the absolute best part of this look is my face!!  no i'm not bragging on myself, but, you'll notice i actually removed my shades and with good reason!  my girl at MAC hooked a sista up!!  not only do i have a full set of lashes, but she also gave a girl some over drawn, Kylie Jenner lips!!  i felt full on glamour-puss, it was very exciting!  i seriously had the best time!!  did i mention the hubs kept all 3 kids??  it was amazing!! 
"i think of each new season as an evolution, not a change in style" - Manolo Blahnik
 
ALL OUTFIT IMAGES CURRENT VISUALS

 
outfit c/o Belk

No comments :

Post a Comment