fall forecasting

happy friday ladies!!  I apologize for not getting this post live last Wednesday.  after my segment on lowcountry live, i wanted to continue the discussion of what's to come for fall!!  I had the opportunity to sit in with Arlene Goldstein, the fashion director of Belk to forecast fall fashion and it's got me revved up and ready to roll into cooler days and lots of layers!!  every year a whole new batch of trends hit the runway and it can be so hard to muddle through and pick which ones work for you, but Belk made it easy and showcased what they're calling the "Most Wanted" list!!  I must say, this years trends feel a lot like last years, but with an updated approach and a more polished appeal.
1.  Soft Pant:  think loungewear, silk trousers, and sleek sweats.  this is a personal fave of mine and I cannot wait to start wearing my pajama chic pants again and again!
2.  Longer Skirts:  the midi skirt was huge last year and is definitely still relevant, but more full pleats less body-con, although, I will never give up my body-con!!
3.  Creative Cardigan:  I always love a topper, and this year they come in all shapes and sizes; cocoon, fringe, embellished; you can never go wrong with a knit layer.
4.  Novelty Vest:  another topper!!  puffers are back in a big way and fur has and probably never will go out of style but tailored vests are making their mark as well.  tuxedo, utility and trench (sans sleeves) are a great way to take your summer styles into fall.
5.  Fashion Sweatshirt:  this is another favorite of mine!  sporty chic is such a huge trend and with embellished necklines, fun prints, and graphics I will be comfy cute all winter long
6.  Tunic Top:  I've never been terribly fond of the tunic, but paired properly, a totally chic look
7.  Midi Length Sheath:  boxy and bold, with a classic twist, this is an easy grab and go chic style
8.  Statement Neck:  Big, Bold, and definitely living up to its name, the statement necklace is always a must have in my book!
9.  Over the Knee Boot:  yes yes yes!!  the falls version of the gladiator, this boot is sexy and takes the most boring of outfits to exciting new highs
10.  Satchel:  while I am definitely a fan of a big bag, I think the "of the moment" bag is the backpack!  but the satchel is a classic and most likely stickin around for quite some time!
 
so what are you most looking forward to this fall?  Im eager to try them all and layer them on!!
have a fabulous weekend!!
"people who take fashion seriously, are idiots" -Joan Rivers 
 
all above looks are available at BELK


No comments :

Post a Comment